Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Empty Dolls

With heartfelt illusionary hugs, I hold these tarnished innocent souls close to my heart. I cry inside for the pain they have always lived with and for their futures which seem so impossible. These are the forgotten children that the world has closed their eyes to. They exist only in paperwork and files and few even know their names. Many will never meet their own goals in life much less anyone else's and some will just vanish without anyone noticing. Victims of the system that is supposed to serve them, these broken dolls have grown into empty shells of the lively beings they once were. Lost and blinded by their pain, they stray far into a darkened jumbled place that I can't even begin to understand. As their teacher, I can only hope to show them that there exists is a path back to being alive.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dolls are EVIL! they stare at you...

Wally Banners said...

Very deep ty.

xkarenflowerx said...

your writing is beautiful. . thankyou for sharing these thoughts with us. i can relate a lot to how you feel. .

Anonymous said...

this is a metaphor for my work (and has layers deeper still)...