Thursday, September 01, 2005

Lost

Lose yourself. Find that spot inside that frees everything you have locked away. I can almost see it hiding, deep behind those stony eyes that try so hard to stay empty and cold. Crystal blue glass walls that hold back a flood of unwanted emotion stare back at me when I struggle to see what secret thoughts you hold tight. Forget the danger that goes with letting go. Lose yourself in the magic of childhood dreams and reawaken the fire that once made your eyes glow bright.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your ruminations are little poems in prose. have you tried them in poem form, with more breaks for rhythm?

nice blog.

if you like, please visit mine.

atomicvelvetsigh said...

i agree with garnet. those beautiful words need break in lines sometimes. but of course, if you choose this way, its your own style. and the words are what makes it great!

i find myself "loosing myself" more often these days. floating. unbreathing grasping. although adoring what i see, what i feel. and in reading you.. i wondered.. maybe my crystal blue glass walls have been entered by someone...

btw, hope you take a peek at my blog... you could leave a comment too so i know you came. 8)

LS said...

Thanks for your input! I really appreciate it. In the past, I tried to break my poems into lines, but they lost something for me. I think I like for them to be thought of as just my thoughts in that moment flowing out of my head, not really as a poem. That probably sounds weird. Thanks again for reading!!