Thursday, July 22, 2010
A Reflection
It’s through a funhouse mirror that I see myself. A collection of reality and fantasy that creates a picture that is impossible to recreate in real life, yet somehow I hold myself to standards that are nearly unattainable. My mind says that I should be able to handle everything that is thrown my way, all the while smiling as though life is easy. Fight through stress and frustration without showing the cracks that reveal my sensitivities that I hide close to my core. It’s always the perfection that I seek, both in my psyche and in my physical presence. A return to the days when thoughts and words flowed from my mind with a gentle ease that others envied. The reclaiming of a spirit that knew no boundaries and saw all limitations as a chance to prove how much I could accomplish. Hidden amongst my blurred reflection, such qualities still exist, but have yet to push their way into my distorted view. It’s the stable clear image that I require in this land of circus freak likenesses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment