Thursday, July 01, 2010
Expiration Date
I am content in my role of being “of the moment,” but at the time feel confined by the knowledge that part of me must stay locked away, protected from the hurt of knowing that I carry an expiration date that limits my value. It’s the “for now” that troubles me. How do I let go when the possibilities of replacement hover in the background, just waiting for the slightest misstep? How quickly does your mind pass from one to another? I want so much to feel along with experience, yet fear seizes my heart the moment it begins to weaken. There is no quick solution to this dilemma, only a request. Give me my moment. In my time, forget all others and be mine. Forget my expiration and pretend that we have eternity and perhaps what tangles my heart can drop away and allow me to believe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment