Saturday, April 22, 2006

Observations

Transport yourself fifty years in the future. Look back at the millions of steps you have taken and evaluate if you really made the right choices. Were you happy? I don't mean comfortable, I mean the kind of happiness that makes you cherish the passing moments of your day. Did you say everything that needed to be shared? Did you hold the one you were meant to have? Why wait until you are breathing your last shallow breaths to assess how your life went. As difficult as it is, really look around and see if you are where you truly want to be and then take a step in a direction that you can look back on and sincerely be pleased with.

6 comments:

atomicvelvetsigh said...

a very powerful post. and timely for i have the exact opposite challenge.. going back in time. read here. and thanks for sharing this thought, gave us something to ponder on indeed.

Anonymous said...

This is great advice that few will take and run with. I can appreciate your effort though.

Anonymous said...

These are the best poems I have ever read. Can you please come back and write more?

Lana said...

I have been married 27 years this June and have no regrets. Yes I am happy with the way my life has gone.
I have a wonerful man who treats me like a queen and I treat him like a king.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I did.

memee said...

I love the idea of this, but it is definitely hard to actually follow through with.