Thursday, November 17, 2005

Drive On

I've been there before. I sat in the exact seat that you currently occupy and experienced the uncontrolled chaos that seems to fill the air that surrounds you. It's that stomach turning sickened feeling that tells you that somehow your mind has become disconnected from your body. The dizzying reality that says what you want is completely unattainable. Almost as if you were wandering through fog on a moonless night, the destination you seek continues to creep further and further away. It would be great if it all just got better and if that dreadful longing just vanished, but no such luck. Perhaps it is the fates perched on high laughing at the despair of the blind wandering masses. Either way, you are stuck with your disarray in all of its glory, complete with throbbing headache such turmoil tends to bring. True, I've seen what you see and know just how obnoxious these moments can be and I really do wish that I was that type that hugged and kissed it all better. But I am far more likely to kick you in the a** and tell you to get over it.

No comments: